Baobab oil is the natural choice for healthy skin. Baobab oil is an excellent skin moisturizer, which absorbs quickly into the skin without clogging pores. It leaves the skin feeling soft and moisturized. Baobab oil contains Omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids which contribute towards maintaining a healthy skin.
How we make our Baobab Oil
Baobab oil is made from baobab seeds sustainably harvested in Makuani County. The seeds are found in large capsule-like fruit which grow on baobab trees which we so want to protect. The fruit mature during the dry season and drop off the trees and are harvested. The fruit are transported to our processing facility in Kibwezi . Here the fruit are cracked open and the inside baobab powder and seeds is removed.
The extracted seeds are washed to remove all the powder coating and then air dried in the hot Savanna sun. These seeds can be stored for many months before pressing. Baobab oil is made by a cold pressing process. A press, or expeller, ‘squeezes’ the oil from the baobab seed. The newly pressed oil is immediately filtered to help clarify the oil which we then bottled. Our baobab oil has not undergone any further refinement or processing and has no additives. We are proud to say that our oil is 100% pure.
Baobab oil helps alleviate itchiness and dryness associated with
- Dry psoriasis
- Skin Cancer (squamous cell carcinoma)
- Bed sores
- Scaly Skin Disorder (Ichthyyosis)
- Actinic keratosis
- When using baobab oil specifically to moisturize dry skin problems, use the oil every day for a few weeks, until the skin feels better.
- Baobab oil is non-toxic and is safe to use on children and pregnant women.
- Very light skinned people should avoid rubbing baobab oil over eyelids.
- Baobab oil is not suitable for drinking or oral consumption.
How to use:
- Rub oil broadly on arms and legs.
- Gently massage oil into facial skin.
- Rub oil into dry skin patches.
- Massage oil onto skin where ever scarring and stretch marks occur.
- Spray a few drops into your bath water.
- Rub oil onto wet skin when you get out of the shower or bath. This helps the oil spread more easily across the skin.
- Add a few drops to your regular body lotion, face cream or hair conditioner.
- Baobab oil is only to be used topically on the skin as it is not suitable for oral consumption.